We're talkin' pets and families today at our Twitter chat. Come join us! We give away an Amazon gift card every week.
- Does your family own pets? If not, why?
- Is your pet a good friend and playmate with your child?
- What responsibilities do your children have with the family pets?
- Studies show benefits to introducing a new pet to children with autism, helping to improve social skills. Have you seen children with special needs experience benefits of caring for animals?
Everyone is welcome to come chat! Sit down (if you can) for a break, use #pschat to participate, and make sure you're following @parentingsquad for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
A roundup of resources on pets and families:
- Why Children With Autism Should Have a New Pet
- Why My Kid Needs Pets: Benefits Of Pet Ownership For Children
- The Best Pets for Non Animal-Lovers
- 9 Items Every New Doggy Parent Should Own