This morning's roundup features stories of parents doing their best to improvise, adjust, and meet their children's needs during a hectic season.
- My Lopsided Christmas Tree Bonnie Gray settles for a lopsided Christmas tree to keep breakable ornaments out of arm's reach of her walking toddler, who likes to experiment with gravity by throwing things on the floor. (@ just peachy baby blog)
- Essaying College Jane Becker tries to help her son apply for college while her husband explains the girl-guy ratio is the most important factor. (@ The Dame Domain)
- The Grinch Sasha Brown-Worsham explains why she won't let her child believe in Santa. (@ babble)
- Mommy resolution: make the gift of yes last all year Ashley Hogan resolves to say "yes" more, to allow her children to keep her spontaneous and open minded to everyday adventures. (@ MOMformation)
My Morning Laugh
- A Mystery Solved I thought this story was simply hilarious. Tekla discovered that her favorite spatula wasn't so cheap, after all. (@ SV Moms Blog)