Join our conversation today about managing the holidays with children who have special needs. Behavior concerns, accommodations, sensory needs, and communication are important issues, especially when families are off their normal routine — and away from home.
- Do you have a child with special needs or different abilities in your family/friendship circle?
- How do you prepare your child for spending time with family members who have special needs?
- What is your holiday party plan if your child (or another child) acts out?
- Do you make special food for children with food allergies who are coming to your home for the holidays?
- If you have a child in your life with special needs, what is one thing you wish family and friends would NOT do or say, especially during holiday celebrations?
Everyone is welcome to come chat! Use #pschat to participate, and make sure you're following @parentingsquad for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
- Our own Special Needs Gift Guide
- Games to help Kids and Teens on the Autism Spectrum from National Autism Resources
- 9 Ways to Get Through the Holidays With A Defiant Child from Empowering Parents
- 97 Christmas Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Children