Grandparents are notoriously tough to buy for. What do you get the important people in your life who seem to already have it all? Share holiday cheer and your appreciation for all they do with gifts that are creative, thoughtful...and, of course, a little sentimental.
1. Create a photo brag book highlighting times spent with grandparents. Or, create a photo calendar of your kids that grandparents can enjoy throughout the upcoming year.
2. Continuing with the photo theme, digital photo frames provide simple ways to display multiple photos and memories in one place.
3. Personalized stationery and a fancy fountain pen returns letter-writing to an art form.
4. Tuck a gift card to a favorite book store into a book journal where your grandparent can write personal book reviews.
5. An herb swag from Williams-Sonoma doubles as a subtly fragrant kitchen decoration and makes dried herbs readily available for your family's favorite cook.
6. A recipe organizer provides a place to store cherished recipes and makes them easy to find. Available at books stores and cooking stores. Etsy also has some creative options.
7. Measuring cups and spoons can add charm to the kitchen. Check out these adorable kitchen measures. Pair measuring cups with a vintage apron and a new cookbook.
8. Set aside an hour at a paint-it-yourself pottery place for you and your children to hand-paint a mug, frame, or plate. A simple handprint on glazed pottery from each of your children with their names and ages painted underneath makes a cherished keepsake.
9. A necklace or charm bracelet for Grandma can include birthstones representing each of her children and grandchildren.
10. Purchase season tickets to a favorite museum or performing arts center.
11. Take care of date night for your folks with movie ticket and restaurant gift cards.
12. Add favorite classic movies or a beloved TV series to their DVD collection. Pair the movies with a cozy blanket to warm up on a cold winter night.
13. Attract colorful birds to the backyard year-round with a bird feeder and quality bird seed. Include a full-color book about birds local to the area.
14. Create a commemorative Christmas ornament decorated by each of your kids. Try this fun reindeer thumbprint ornament idea from the blog LittleBitFunky. Find supplies at your local hobby and craft store.
15. Turn a terra cotta garden pot into a gift basket. Decorate it with your kids' handprints, fill with seed packets, new garden gloves, and a gift card to a favorite gardening center and/or a plant...and voila!
16. Got sports fans? Pair tickets to a favorite sporting event with a team sweatshirt, scarf, or hat.
17. Tea for two. A beautiful teapot, a variety of teas, and lovely a tea towel make a delightful gift.
18. Coffee and cheesecake. Treat grandparents with a basket of gourmet coffee beans, coffee mugs and a small cheesecake or other yummy treat.
19. Have your children paint pictures on canvas. Decorate the canvas border with glass beads or buttons and attach a ribbon for hanging.