It’s February. It might be cold and snowy where you live. And it’s Valentine’s Day. Combine all three and you have the perfect reason for you and your little ones to settle in with a Valentine’s Day-themed book or movie. Start with any of these!
Some of your favorite book characters are back, as well as some new ones to celebrate the day of love.
- Corduroy’s Valentine’s Day by Lisa McCue — Ages 3 months - 2 years
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse! by Laura Numeroff — Ages 1-2 years
- Biscuit’s Valentine’s Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli — Ages 2-5 years
- The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll — Ages 3-5 years
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Charlie Brown by Charles M. Shulz —Ages 4-6 years
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George by H.A. Rey — Ages 4-7 years
- Valentine’s Day is Coolb byJames Dean — Ages 4-8 years
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Little Critter by Mercer Mayer — Ages 4-8 years
- The Night Before Valentine’s Day by Natasha Wing — Ages 4-8 years
- Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane De Groat — Ages 4-8 years
Of course any of the Disney Princess-themed movies make the list, including Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid (to name a few). Here are some other movies to add to the watch list that celebrate romance, friendship and family love.
- Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown
- The Parent Trap
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Sound of Music
- Gnomeo and Juliet
Enjoy that quality family time while the snow is falling outside. Because there's no better way to celebrate the day of love than by snuggling with your loved ones.